Sunday, March 13, 2011

Seva

Manhattan - Straight up

I do not like bourbon.  I will occasionally partake of it's nefarious nectar, but it's never my first choice.  So!  This was my first Manhattan that wasn't served over ice in a lowball glass.  I definitely ogled the bartender, thinking that she was doing it all wrong.  Nope, she was right.  I just have no cocktail knowledge, which is precisely what qualifies me to review them!  Bourbon, sweet vermouth, bitters and a maraschino cherry.  What a delicious drink!  The flavor of the bourbon was rich and smooth, which I normally cannot appreciate because of the horrible burn that follows.  It was nice to be able to distinguish that it actually has a flavor to it.  Let's talk about the sweet, chewy cherry at the bottom of the glass.  It was sweet and chewy.  And, an indulgent way to round out the drink.

4 out of 5, but I'll still take a Jameson every other day of the week.  


No comments:

Post a Comment