Thursday, February 9, 2012

The Bar (at Braun Ct)

The French 75




First visit to the "Bar", I almost missed it.  I think that's the charm of it.  It's really dark inside and feels like you're hanging out at someones apartment.  Someone that might just be too cool for me to know. 

So, the drink!  I'm pretty sure I knew I wasn't going to love it when I ordered it.  Its made from Cava (champagne, blecht), Brokers gin, simple syrup, lemon and Peychaud's bitters.  Sour, floral, dry, super light sweetness.  All these things hit me separately AND at once.  It was a very interesting drink.  The lemon was very prominent, especially in the aroma.  It had a slight bitterness to it that faded away very quickly.  Every sip was different and full of complex layers.  The ice cubes were gigantic.  Like, HUGE.  I took the top one out so that I could actually drink my drink without taking a cube to the nose.  I didn't like the French 75.  Not based on the fact that it was a bad drink, I just didn't care for the ingredients.  I don't really know if I liked the bar, either.

1 shot of champagne out of the French 75

No comments:

Post a Comment